Yesterday we hosted an online event with panel members from local NHS service providers and charities to talk about mental health.
We asked questions which you submitted in advance. A range of topics were discussed including:
- The importance of getting help and going to your GP
- Support groups and online advice, services and activities
- Prevention support
- Where to get help
- Support for people from Black And Minority Ethnic communities
- Trauma support
- How services are developing to meet increased and different demands
- Support for people with learning disabilities and/or autism
- And much more!
With permission from all the people involved, below is the recording of the event for those of you that were unable to join us and wanted to hear the answers to the questions asked.
Thank you to all our panel members who responded to questions openly and sensitively.
From BEH-MHT (Barnet, Enfield & Haringey- Mental Health Trust)
- Fiona Myers, Interim MD
- Andrew Wright, Director of Planning & Partnership
- Dr Mo Abedi, Clinical Director Mental Health Services
- Dr Pardeep Grewal, Clinical Director Enfield Mental Health Services
From Mind Enfield (Mental Health Charity)
- Alex Tambourides, CEO
From Age UK Enfield
- Alison Gordon, Health of Prevention Services
For information on a range of mental health services and support that is available in Enfield please visit the tools and resources page on our website.
For looking after children and young person’s mental health (which was not covered as part of this event), you can visit our advice and information page on our website.