Healthwatch Enfield was established in 2013 to act as the statutory, independent consumer champion for health and social care services in the borough. We’re here to amplify the voices of local people and to help them navigate the complex systems of health and social care. Everything we say and do is informed by our connections with Enfield’s residents. A key focus of Healthwatch Enfield is on understanding the needs, experiences and concerns of people, who use services, so that we can speak out on their behalf in order to seek improvements in services. Although engagement is fundamental to the way Healthwatch Enfield works during the Coronavirus pandemic it is vital to ensure that all the disadvantaged groups are heard. New and creative methods of engagement are crucial and we want to focus on a project management approach to ensure we can deliver key messages from the community to stakeholders.
We aim to ensure that all those who plan and provide services in the borough listen to the voices and experiences of local people directly, or via Healthwatch Enfield, to shape high quality services that meet individuals’ needs.
Each year Healthwatch Enfield undertakes an extensive programme of work, which aims to have a positive impact for individuals, communities and the wider system.
Project Manager/Community Engagement (6 month fixed term)
The role of Project Manager /Engagement is pivotal to the work of Healthwatch Enfield. You will be responsible for maintaining the profile of Healthwatch Enfield in the London Borough of Enfield in order to reach new audiences and build relationships with the local communities.
Deadline for applications Thursday 24th September 2020 at 11.00 pm
Interview Date (Virtual) 2nd October 2020
To apply, please provide:
- a completed application form. A copy of your CV may be submitted as parts 2 3 4 5 and 6 of the application form
- a personal statement of 2-4 sides of A4 evidencing how you meet each of the Person Specification criteria included in this document. Please use the pro forma included with this information pack; and,
- a covering letter.
Your covering letter should include each of the following:
- your home address, email address, and mobile phone number;
- your current or most recent salary (evidence of this may be required later);
- information on any access requirements that you may have for undertaking the presentation, attending interview, or undertaking the role;
- details of two referees, one of whom must have supervised your recent work. Please explain in what context and for how long you have known them (we will not contact them until after interview);
- confirmation that you are permitted to work in the UK (evidence of this will be required at interview);
- an indication as to whether there are any matters that you would wish to raise in relation to undergoing a DBS check;
- confirmation that all information in the application documents (including the covering letter) is true, could be verified if needed, and confirmation that you understand that including any false information could subsequently lead to instant dismissal, should you be appointed to the post.
Please submit applications to: Noelle.Skivington@healthwatchenfield.co.uk
Applications welcomed from all sections of the community. Healthwatch Enfield is an Equal Opportunities Employer and is committed to ensuring that all staff are motivated, skilled and rewarded by their work.