About this event
This event has been organised for you as an Enfield resident to hear directly from professionals in local Cancer Services and to ask questions about Cancer care and diagnosis through the Coronavirus pandemic.
During this virtual, online meeting, we’re providing a unique opportunity to hear directly from professionals about the importance of cancer awareness, spotting signs of cancer early and how local cancer services are running during the Coronavirus outbreak. Remember, early diagnosis remains crucial to improving the chances of successful treatment.
Healthwatch Enfield has teamed up with The North Central London Cancer Alliance so that you can put your questions about cancer care to local clinicians and hear about the arrangements that have been made for cancer prevention and treatment services to continue safely.
- The panel can answer questions on:
- Spotting changes in your body that should be investigated by your GP
- Recognising the differences between lung cancer and Coronavirus symptoms
- Having diagnostic tests, surgery and treatment for cancer in hospitals
- Safety measures that hospitals have put in place for infection control to keep patients and staff safe
- Restoration of screening invitations for breast, colorectal or cervical cancers.
Our panel includes:
Andrew Millar, consultant gastroenterologist and hepatologist, North Middlesex University Hospital NHS Trust
Nitika Silhi, Macmillan Cancer GP, Medicus Health Partners (Enfield)
Fanta Bojang, programme manager for prevention, awareness and screening, North Central London Cancer Alliance
Zaheer Mangera, respiratory consultant and lung cancer lead, North Middlesex University Hospital NHS Trust
Whatever your questions, please detail these as you log on to book your place, or:
Email us (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Call us 020 8373 6283
Note that you must ask your question in advance and by the deadline. Due to the likely numbers joining, we will be unable to take questions on the day. Please let us know as soon as possible, if you have any access needs/ require a BSL interpreter. We look forward to you joining us.