For these plans to work, the NHS needs to shape local plans based on local needs. We asked people #WhatWouldYouDo to improve local services in Enfield.
We heard from over 400 people about the changes they would like to see. These include:
- Easier access to more local NHS services
- Waiting times for appointments need to be reduced
- Making sure everyone gets the care they need, regardless of where they live
- Technology needs to be used more
- More information, advice and guidance about how to make better lifestyle choices
- Services need to be much more joined up
- Better communication skills in health care staff when dealing with people with learning disabilities, autism and other disabilities.
“The Government is investing an additional £20 billion a year in the NHS as part of the NHS Long Term Plan. We were asked to help find out what local people thought was the best way for the NHS in North Central London to invest in the right services as part of this plan.
We are grateful to all the people that took part in the surveys and focus groups. We spoke to over 400 people in Enfield and this contributed to the analysis of over 1,000 responses and items of feedback collected from the residents of other North Central London boroughs (Barnet, Camden, Enfield, Haringey and Islington). It is clear where North London Partners in Health and Care should focus – on improving access to services.
We are now asking the leaders and decision makers across North London to consider this feedback from local residents to prioritise service development and investment, and to involve local people in co-designing NHS services that work for them.”