The 2017-2018 Annual Report celebrates Healthwatch Enfield’s achievements and impact over the past year, including but not limited to:
- improving response times for patients with life-threatening conditions through securing four extra ambulances to serve the boroughs of Enfield, Barnet and Haringey;
- making it easier for disabled people to access services at North Middlesex University Hospital NHS Trust
- helping Enfield’s residents to access primary care services through distributing information on evening and weekend GP appointments
Healthwatch Enfield, based in Community House Edmonton, is an independent organisation that listens to local people’s experiences of health and social care services in Enfield, and works with providers and commissioners of local services to improve services based on local people’s feedback.
Between 1st April 2017 and 31st March 2018, Healthwatch Enfield has used more than 15,000 items of people’s experiences of health and social care in the borough to:
- inform the development of a new Patient Experience Strategy at North Middlesex University Hospital NHS Trust which will contribute to the hospital overall aim of providing outstanding care to its patients
- secure measurable improvements to adult mental health services
- influence changes within care and nursing home provision
To ensure that voices of Enfield’s diverse communities are used to secure improvements, Healthwatch Enfield attended 128 different engagement events across the borough, covering all postcodes across the borough.
‘2017-2018 has seen Healthwatch Enfield increase its reach, involving the highest number of local people in our work since we started in 2012. We have made a good progress in enhancing health and care services in Enfield and I would like to thank our local providers and commissioners for listening to people’s views to drive improvements. With a deficit health economy, it is important that Enfield residents are at the heart of service developments as this is the key to getting it right. I would encourage local people to talk to us about their experiences so we can work with them to continue to shape services that work for them’.
You can download the full Healthwatch Enfield Annual Report 2017-2018 or you can obtain a printed copy via phoning Healthwatch Enfield on 020 8373 6283.