Mental health support
- The government have published guidance for the public on the mental health and wellbeing aspects of Coronavirus.
- How to look after your mental health on the Action for Happiness website
Information and support about how to look after your mental health:
- Mental Health Foundation website
- Mind website
- Rethink website
- Samaritans website
- SHOUT website
- Wellbeing Connect Enfield website
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) on the OCD UK website.
- Eating disorders on the BEAT website.
- Gambling on the GamCare website
You can download a leaflet published by Enfield Council to find support for your mental health.
Information about pregnancy
Information and support about pregnancy:
- Baby Lifeline website
- Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists website
- Tommy’s website
- Information about Mush, an app for virtual meet-ups for new mums on the Department for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport website.
You can also download a leaflet with NHS pregnancy advice sheets.
Information about long term conditions and disabilities
- Asthma: Asthma UK website.
- Dementia: Alzheimer’s Society website.
- Heart disease: British Heart Foundation website.
- Lung disease: British Lung Foundation website.
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBD): Crohn’s and Colitis UK website.
- Diabetes: Diabetes UK website.
- Diabetes: NHS England factsheets
- Lupus: Lupus UK website.
- Multiple Sclerosis: MS Society website.
- Muscular Dystrophy: Muscular Dystrophy Society website.
- Parkinson’s: Parkinsons UK website.
- Disabilities: Scope website.
- Sickle Cell disorder: Sickle Cell Society website.
- Strokes: Stroke Association website.
- HIV: Terrence Higgins Trust website.
- Arthritis: Versus Arthritis website.
Information about Cancer
- Bowel Cancer: Beating Bowel Cancer website.
- Breast Cancer: Breast Cancer Now website
- Blood Cancer: Bloodwise website.
- Leukaemia: Leukaemia Care website.
General Cancer information:
Learning Disabilities and Autism
- Find information and support about challenging behaviour on the Challenging Behaviour Foundation website.
- Download the Challenging Behaviour Foundation leaflet about supporting children and adults with severe learning disabilities at home during the Coronavirus lockdown
- Childhood disabilities: Council for Disabled Children website.
- Down’s Syndrome: Down’s Syndrome Society website.
Learning disabilities and autism information:
- Learning Disability England website
- MENCAP website.
- Autism: National Autistic Society website.
- Important information about Coronavirus for families with disabled children at the Contact website.
- Download the Enfield Council Educational Psychology Service helpline leaflet.
Information for children
Information and support for children:
- Place2Be website
- YoungMinds website.
- Find guidance on what to do if your child is unwell with non-Coronavirus symptoms, download the Royal College of Paediatric Health fact sheet.
Information about Sensory Disorders
Information and support for those who are Deaf or hard of hearing:
- RNID website (formerly known as Action on Hearing Loss)
- National Deaf Children’s Society website
- SignHealth website
Find information and support for young people who are blind or visually impaired:
Information about what to do when someone dies:
Support following a bereavement: